Louis Kahn is probably one of my favorite American Architects. His story is very compelling and I appreciate the simplicity to his exteriors as well as his attention to detail in the selection of finishes on the interior. I have only experienced two of his masterpieces so far. The Kimball Art Museum in Dallas, and the Yale Library in Connecticut. Both of them left a strong impression on me, they are among the few buildings that I have walked into and in some weird way felt a strong connection to. On my list is the Salk Institute in La Jolla California and The National Assembly Building in Bangladesh. Watching the video below continually inspires me and feeds my desire to travel to India to see this (and while I am there, the Taj Mahal) one day.
The Third & The Seventh from Alex Roman on Vimeo.
More videos here
Other happenings: college football has started, I have once again become a Starbucks customer (Pumpkin spiced lattes are in season), I am extremely excited about my course at Rice beginning in a month, and I am more than ready for the fall season and weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment